http://dreams.com/hinge-double-date/Dream: My husband who left me four months ago came back with dozens of long stem red roses begging me to take him back???
DreamsMaster: I see a few possibilities with this dream. First, some questions to ask yourself that may help clarify the message…
– What was on your mind the night before the dream? This is going to be key to its interpretation.
– In the dream, how did you feel when he begged you to take him back? Were you joyful? Doubtful? Confused?
– How did you feel when you woke up afterward? Sad? Relieved?
– What do long stem red roses mean to you personally? Romance? Persuasion? Manipulation?
– Have you ever received roses from him before? From anyone else? If so, how did it make you feel at the time?
Sometimes a dream is merely acting out a wish of the heart. If you went to bed longing for him to come back, the dream may be your inner mind giving you the vision of wish fulfillment.
The separation occurred a mere four months ago. The grief is fresh. It’s possible the dream is a reflection of an early stage of grief, where your heart is in denial and trying to undo the experience of loss.
There are other angles to consider as well. For example, “dozens of long stem red roses” could represent false romantic motives. And let’s not forget about the thorns. If your ex actually did want to reunite, what would it take? Perhaps the dream is a warning to not be led by false motives, and instead to look deeper into the true reasons for the separation. Above all else, stay true to yourself.